Saturday, August 30, 2008

Of Montreal

I have to say I've always cracked a smile at the sense of jubilation that I feel when I listen to the gaiety and playfulness heard within all of Of Montreal's hullicantory rave-ups. "Nonpareil of Favor", off of Skeletal Lamping, is no exception. Kevin Barnes' wit and charm it seems is not at all suppressed when it comes to digging up the skeleton's in his closet. Kevin Barnes addressing the title said, "This record is my attempt to bring all of my puzzling, contradicting, disturbing, humorous...fantasies, ruminations and observations to the surface, so that I can better dissect and understand their reason for being in my head." While the opening track "Nonpareil of Favor" is more of a thank you note for being accepted, "St.Exquisite's Confessions" is more along the lines of the humorously disturbing, with the eye opening first line "I'm so tired of sucking the dick of this cruel, cruel, city", said and performed with that glamorous theatricality that is the essence of Of Montreal's appeal and genius.

Download:
Of Montreal - Nonpareil of Favor
Of Montreal - St.Exquisite's Confessions (zshare)

No comments:

Post a Comment